Folksy

Thursday 27 January 2011

Crafty Feature Series

Acrylic Painting 2


I started the painting by mixing up some dark green as all advice I researched stated to start with the dark colours first and finish with the light colours.  I wasn't sure how much paint I would need but didn't want to have too little as thought it would be more tricky to match colours if needed to mix more.  I then used the photo and painted on the areas I wanted to be darkest.

After this, I had lots of paint left so I decided to add some white and lighten it for the next level of colour.  disaster struck though as the white paint was out of control and a huge blob squirted out making it much lighter than planned.  I broke away from advice at this point as the colour created was perfect for the lighter mountain in the background so I used it to paint that bit.

So far the painting looks like this,

I am having great fun creating this picture and am pleased with the level of depth that it is emerging.

Thanks for reading

Laura

No comments:

Post a Comment