Folksy

Wednesday 19 January 2011

Crafty Feature Series

Acrylic Painting

Inspired by all the wonderful aceo's and artists on Folksy I decided to pick up a paintbrush and have a go.  I haven't really painted anything properly since school and even then in art I often avoided painting as it wasn't my strongest method and I was concerned about grades.  I started by googling 'how to paint' and read through some articles and blogs to acquire some basic tips to get me started.  I also got myself some brushes (already had paint from other projects) and a canvas board.

Next came the trickiest part - having an idea.  Lacking inspiration I looked at other artworks on the internet.  Remembered I was hopeless at portrait so didn't consider this - was interested in something completely abstract or landscape.  Ruled out abstract later, as could not think of a good theme/idea to paint :(

Still with no idea, I looked at photos of places where I grew up and some of my favourite places.  Looking through my old holiday photos, I found the perfect scene that I wanted to transform into art,


Sognefjord, Norway

Armed with inspiration, I did a couple of rough drawings to right the right composistion and then drew these on to my canvas,


I was then ready to start painting. 

Keep following - in next installment will blog about what came next :)

Thanks for reading

Laura

No comments:

Post a Comment